11.28.2007

most strange dreams

"I want His secrets, His softest secrets," Arianna whispers to me.

Later, a friend from home approaches. "How are you?" I ask, embracing him. It's been a long time. He falls on me, starts weeping. He has cancer.

So does Francisco's daughter, a Mexican man who works in our cafeteria. In real life, I just interviewed him for a presentation in Spanish.

Two other people in the dream are also very sick. "It will be a year of pain and death," a voice says over me.

Music starts to play- someone is playing music. And I dance. I dance like I'm flying, I'm moving everywhere, jumping and twirling and spinning and kicking, dancing only the way one can dance in dreams.


"I want His secrets, His softest secrets," I wake up whispering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

most vivid, indeed.