12.15.2007

[portland] sunsets say goodbye

In limbo at the Portland airport.

4 8th grade-ish looking boys playing me brass christmas carols on their trumpets and drums. I guess it's random to listen to a small quartet in an airport, but it's also fitting.

I'm trying to process everything--the 5 finals taken, 6 boxes packed and sent north, 1 room checked out of, 2 roommates bid goodbye, countless other friends hugged and kissed--home (and snow!) in a few hours and a new season ahead.

Heh, I am no good at processing.



"and i cry hello to the change, You've brought me this far..."

3 comments:

Jenelle said...

I like:
.airport posts
.the beautiful things to squeeze from goodbyes
.but not particularly the goodbyes
.when you quote t. borden
.that you'll be in san fran soon
.that you'll be home sooner

ajn said...

I wish that we could have met one last time, like two branches being brought together by the wind.

lisa said...

i hate goodbyes. hate the pain of parting. hate the road that stretches out its hand in a firm and demanding way.

i love that goodbyes mean there have been hellos. i love that goodbyes hurt like hell. i love the road that pushes me closer to my One True Love.