1.06.2008

remember the mountain bed

Hello: San Francisco.
Goodbye: winter solstice, snowshoeing, skiing, snowflake walks, icy roads, & hot beverages shared with friends.

Hello again, World Wide Web. Your So-Cal surfer, Canadian hippie, and newly anointed urban gypsy is back, crossing her fingers and clenching her fists in preparation to "suffocate, boil, and bloom" in a most beloved city.

"I crossed many states just to stand here now, my face all hot with tears,
I crossed city, and valley, desert, and stream, to bring my body here:
My history and future blaze bright in me and all my joy and pain
Go through my head on our mountain bed where I smell your hair again."

Woody Guthrie (Billy Bragg & Wilco)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, again. I'm glad you've arrived safe.

Anonymous said...

miss you. we are here in this moment looking out at land that is untouchable too all except One- places of our hearts to be discovered by a Creator who calls us to fullness through death. I hear you and I know that He is faithful my dear friend.

Josh Tengan said...

spread your gypsy love across that city