4.28.2008

“Because we don’t know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many times will you remember a certain afternoon that’s so deeply a part of your being that you can’t even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems so limitless.”
(from the film The Sheltering Sky)


Today was my last day at General Hospital; this is my last week living in the city. I'm getting older, and goodbyes are getting harder.

Oh San Francisco, beloved city, you've torn me up, spun me around and flung me. & I don't know down from up anymore.

4 comments:

P O C O N O S said...

cool blog. enjoy your travels.

Anonymous said...

Bless you with expansive peace as you go, sweet girl. Hard goodbyes are the best ones.

Josh Tengan said...

i feels like it was just the other that i visited you in that old victorian mansion across from the panhandle.
i'm sad that i won't be able to see you next semester. we can skype it up. how about we skype it up in a few days after we get home?

lisa said...

Next semester you can sit in your room somewhere in SB and put on the old Journey song Lights and be mournful.