7.08.2008

Apologies for the lack of thoughtful blogging the past couple of weeks. I just caught up on reading everyone's, so progress is being made.

What to say. The tiger lilies are in bloom--I left on Thursday for Bellingham and they were still all closed up; I came back late Sunday night and pink, yellow, orange blossoms are bursting all over town and in our flowerbeds. They unfolded while I was gone. Tiger lilies have long been my favorite.

Been reading a lot of Mary Oliver, some Salinger and Wendell Berry and Billy Collins. Been listening to the new Sigur Ros and old Wilco. Been longboarding and started picking cherries today at the orchard.

Found a bike yesterday: a red road bike for free, abandoned in a barn. I cleaned it and put air in the tires and can ride it, now. A happy find.

I don't have much to write at the moment, but am doing some private writing on my own, so I will get back in the groove soon. You should maybe know that July is my favorite month, I think. You should enjoy it with me.

1 comment:

Josh Tengan said...

i like everything about this post