6.23.2009

The Black Forest, Germany

The travels continue. We are now in a small village in southwest Germany, visiting my friend Claudia, who studies theology here at a seminary.


Claudia opening her birthday champagne.

Happy Solstice!

Bad Liebenzell

Claudia and Laurie


Have been drinking good tea and weak coffee like it's my job, and longboarding a lot, and hiking in the forests around the hamlet. And chocolate! The Germans love their chocolate! I can't wait to get home and eat vegetables and protein again... It's a bit difficult being vegetarian in Europe. I am growing rather tired of bread, even good German bread:p But all the community and chance to rest more than make up for it.

3 comments:

Katelynn Mumau said...

i love this!! i love the photos and i love you being there! i hope you are fully enjoying yourself with your friends. they seem very dear. i am just packing up my room. i hate this 4 day waiting period because it gives my emotions a chance to realize what is going on. i am happy to be going, but nervous too. i love you care.

Katelynn Mumau said...

just saying one last goodbye. i will think of you often. love you. i pray your last few days in europe are wonderful.

lisa said...

My veggie friends in Spain tell me that the Spanish waiters will say "Yes, yes, no meat" but the dish will still include little pieces of ham or bacon. That's not meat, you know, in Spain.