4.07.2011

sentence selections

Today I am not discouraged about my students´ English. Still, I could not help but laugh a bit reading their spelling homework. Gerson, one of my brighter students, writes:

1) I use a umbrella cover from the rain. (not too bad!)
2) I speak English. (Okay.)
3) (?)
4) I remembrance the table of six. (In all fairness, why is remembrance a word this week anyway?)
5) The circus has function at 9:00pm.
6) Keidy and Gerson has a goggles for swim.
7) I complain to the horrible food. (Straight to its face, eh?)
8) I had merchandise on the food market.
9) I had an expression happy. (Hey, he got the an right!)
10) I don´t had distust to Ana. (Not sure the state of Ana and Gerson´s relationship).

What is that Mary Oliver line about the trees? These kids.

I would almost say they save me,
and daily.

No comments: