5.19.2011

recollections of a former life

recurring dreams of him could not save me
though be assured of my restless sleep these long days
of a soul in trepidation

though i still don´t know the way
my legs are tired from so long walking
east and west, north and south, in search of you

and of this road called Dolores , my weary heart aches from following
the very road, it is written, that leads to hope
hope, living in another country
apart from me

so i´ll pack my canvas bags again, and board the pickup unafraid
believing goodbyes are stronger, and i am strong
(though he wrote me to quit leaving)

who on earth could argue the richness of my life?
the fire blossoms on the trees crowding all the corners
the calligraphy of many lands and languages tattooing my brown skin
and a thousand steps on city streets and dusty roads weak with history

is it possible to have peace without longing?
it seems you must embrace both,
or else have neither.

and i don´t want to long for him, or for you,
i don´t want to feel empty
but even more, i want peace.

No comments: