9.18.2011





Stand still broken bones, you cannot heal yourselves
face the Blue Mountains & Palouse sky with courage in your veins,
following a path of peace, not fear.
Buenas dias, sun on my back, wildflowers and weeds,
women grown in the same forest:
take your September slowly.

I am not as sad as I was,
or even quite as old;
I am also still on the journey
learning that my own vineyard is mine to give
and yet my heart is not my own.

Exploring each new address by its street names and hiking trails,
its coffee shops and rivers
How many little ones and sisters can you love?
How many places can a body hold?
These are finite numbers, I am learning,
but a pilgrim life either expands your heart,
or breaks it.

So again I will pitch my tent
believing the Spirit is with me
and I am not alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...I am also trying to take my September slowly... :) I love those flowers, beautiful friend.

kathryn said...

love this. just rediscovered your blog! wish I had been following more closely....you make me want to write and feel and live more deeply.