1.28.2012

ginger cabbage scramble

Taking some inspiration from this sister's beauty, I thought I'd share a recipe. Sort of makes me wish I could re-design this whole bloggin' space. Ah, if only I knew how to do things like that!

Well, here is the first; I threw it together last week, not knowing what to do with the rest of the purple cabbage in my fridge from making beet soup.

Use a little bit of olive oil in a pan and let it heat up. (I always use a paper towel so that the oil is minimal).
Cut two or three cloves of garlic, and onion if you have it.
Throw them in the pan.
Add purple cabbage. You could also add zucchini and or squash at this point.
Let cook for a few minutes.
Meanwhile, cut up chard and kale. Throw that in.
Now for salt, pepper, garlic powder, and ginger (root is better, but ground also works).
Stir scramble so everything is seasoned.
Optional: add an egg or egg white for protein. The yellow and green mix to form a brilliant shade of blue around the edges of cabbage.
Serve sprayed with Bragg's Liquid Aminos.

For breakfast or dinner, soooooooo good!

No comments: