2.28.2012

favorite blue ridge quotes

Me: 'You look tired, Xavier. Did you go to sleep late last night?'
Xavier: 'I went to bed at 20.'

Mr. G: 'Diego, are you going to be a police officer? Because you're sure questioning Jose like one.'

Kailer, to me on Ash Wednesday: 'Oh cool, you got your forehead pierced?'

'My story is a but a wisrd,' Seth, with backwards s, doing journal work.

Mr. G, having confiscated four or five toys from Gerardo by the end of the day: 'Teacher Cari, I think I'm going to have a yard sale this weekend with all these cool toys.'
Me: 'I'll be there, Mr. G, I could use some new toys.'
Gerardo: starts weeping, Mr. G looks at me with a whoops expression; I go to Gerardo and try to offer comfort--solo un chiste, mentiras.

'I like all the ones that are brown.' -4th grade Ashley, offering her opinion on Barack Obama, and presumably US presidents in general

'I'm walking with first graders, not frogs.' -the things you hear yourself say on a daily basis

Oscar: 'One day I saw Teacher Cari and Maestra Lupe at... uh... at.... uh... Green....'
Me: 'Green Park School?'
Oscar: 'Oh, yeah!'
La substituta, trying to get everyone back on track: 'Alright, that's a neat story.'

O. again, talking to me about bringing a special treat to school for Valentine’s Day: 'But not to him (pointing to Xavier) because he doesn't brush his teeth.' I should add that O’s mouth is full of six-year-old lost teeth gaps and silver.

'Or you could not get those, since you're not a child.' -Girlfriend overheard in Grocery Outlet, regarding juice boxes, to boyfriend. Not sure if that relationship will last.

No comments: